NCAA women's tournament: DePaul outguns Oklahoma 104-100
Durham, N.C. • Megan Rogowski scored 24 points and hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with 40.5 seconds left to help DePaul beat Oklahoma 104-100 on Saturday in the first round of the NCAA tournament in the Lincoln Regional.
Chanise Jenkins added 21 points and Brittany Hrynko had 19 for the seventh-seeded Blue Demons (28-6). They blew a 19-point lead with under 16 minutes left, then rallied for a wild win.
They will play second-seeded Duke (28-6) on Monday night in the second round of the Lincoln Regional.
Aaryn Ellenberg had 36 points and seven 3s for the 10th-seeded Sooners (18-15), who set a tournament record for most points by a losing team in a regulation game. The 204 combined points also made it the highest scoring regulation game in the history of the NCAA women's tournament.
Oklahoma's Portia Durrett tied it at 97 with a layup with 48.2 seconds left.
Hrynko drove into the lane and found Rogowski in the left corner for an open 3 that put DePaul ahead for good.
Oklahoma State 61, Florida Gulf Coast 60 (OT) • Tiffany Bias' driving layup with 41 seconds remaining in overtime lifted No. 5 seed Oklahoma State to a victory over No. 12 seed Florida Gulf Coast (26-8) in West Lafayette, Ind.
The Cowgirls (24-8) will play No. 4 seed Purdue in the second round Monday.
St. John's 71, USC 68 • Briana Brown sank a 3-pointer with four-tenths of a second left to give No. 8 seed St. John's the win over ninth-seeded Southern California (22-13) in Knoxville, Tenn. Trojans guard Brianna Barrett's desperation shot at the buzzer from 35 feet away bounced off the backboard and front rim. St. John's (23-10) plays Monday against No. 1 seed Tennessee.
• DePaul 104, Oklahoma 100
• Duke 87, Winthrop 45
• Nebraska 75, Fresno State 55
• BYU 72, North Carolina St. 57
• Notre Dame 93, Robert Morris 42
• Arizona St. 69, Vanderbilt 61
• Kentucky 106, Wright St. 60
• Syracuse 59, Chattanooga 53
• Purdue 84, Akron 55
• Oklahoma State 61, Florida Gulf Coast 60 (OT)
• California 64, Fordham 63
• Baylor 87, W. Kentucky 74
• Tennessee 70, Northwestern State 46
• St. John's 71, USC 68
• Stanford 81, South Dakota 62
• Florida State 55, Iowa St. 44
10:30 a.m. starts• Michigan St. vs. Hampton
• Maryland vs. Army
• Penn State vs. Wichita St.
• LSU vs. Georgia Tech
1 p.m. starts• N. Carolina vs. UT-Martin
• Dayton vs. Florida
• Texas vs. Pennsylvania
• W. Virginia vs. Albany (N.Y.)
3:30 p.m. starts• Georgia vs. St. Joseph's
• Gonzaga vs. James Madison
• South Carolina vs. Cal State Northridge
• Louisville vs. Idaho
6 p.m. starts• UConn vs. Prairie View
• Texas A&M vs. N. Dakota
• Middle Tennessee vs. Oregon State
• Iowa vs. Marist